Week 2 (started 13th May) is when it all started to feel a bit real. I’m using my diary to map out the runs for the week so I know what I’m doing, this works better for me than a day by day approach.
The weather is NOT helping, thermals in May??
- Monday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to gym, 1 hours weights (lower body), 10 minutes home
- Tuesday: 40 minutes fartlek
- Wednesday: jog 30 minutes
- Thursday: should have been fartlek 40 minutes, but swapped for a spin class
- Friday: 20 minutes jog – 10 minutes to gym, 1 hour weights (upper body), 10 minutes home
- Saturday: rest, hooray!
- Sunday: run 60
This week was a mix of ups and downs. I worked really hard on the Tuesday fartlek session, but couldn’t ignore the nagging pain I’m getting in my right achilles. I gave it a rest by swapping the Thursday fartlek session for a spin class and Sunday it felt much better on my 60 minute run.
Sunday look grey and miserable when I set off, but it turned out to be deceptively hot. I had to dump water on my head to cool down and my face was a most distressing shade of red when I got home. Contrast that to Tuesday when there was a bitterly cold wind belting across York racecourse! I will need to get used to running in all types of weather if this is what 2013 is going to throw at me.