Another good steady week this week – I feel like it’s giving me chance to build my confidence for the longer runs that will start soon.
- Monday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (legs), 10 minutes home
- Tuesday: sprint for 75 seconds, jog for 3 minutes – for a distance of 2 miles
- Wednesday: swapped a 45 minute jog for a 40 minute interval spin session
- Thursday: 35 minutes run
- Friday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (chest), 10 minutes home
- Saturday: rest
- Sunday: Castle Howard 10k race
Apart from the spin class, my main alteration to the Virgin London Marathon training plan was to make Saturday a rest day. The VLM plan had a 15 minute jog/10 minute walk session on Saturday with Monday as a rest day after the 10k race on Sunday.
I was feeling pretty tired though and ready for a rest so I took Saturday as a rest day as normal and will train on the Monday instead.
Castle Howard 10k race review post coming soon…