My schedule changed around a bit this week so the runs I was meant to do didn’t happen when they were supposed to. I mixed things up a bit and hopefully got the miles in that I needed to.
- Monday: cross training – 40 minute spin class (interval program)
- Tuesday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to gym, 1 hour weight training (legs), 10 minutes home
- Wednesday: 60 minutes fartlek at York Racecourse
- Thursday: jog 10, run 30, jog 20 minutes, cross training – rock climbing
- Friday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to gym, 1 hour weight training (upper body), 10 minutes home
- Saturday: rest day, but did some hard work in the garden
- Sunday: 75 minutes fartlek
Thursday was the most challenging run for me this week with the combination of jogging and running. I only really have one speed, so I had to push myself to get a little bit extra in the ‘run’ section and I was glad when the 30 minutes were over! The difference didn’t look huge when I downloaded the data from my Garmin, but it was noticeable and that’s good enough for me.
My average speed is 10.03 minute miles on the longer runs, up from 11 minute miles when I started training. I need to start thinking about my time goal for the marathon now.
Sunday I ran 7.54 miles in 75 minutes. That’s just over a quarter marathon distance. From now on the Sunday mileage starts to build, starting with 9 miles this Sunday.