Here’s the log for week 9:
- Monday: jog 20 – 1o minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (legs), 10 minutes home
- Tuesday: swapped a session of sprints and recovery for a 40 minute spin class
- Wednesday: jog 45 – but see my notes below
- Thursday: run 75
- Friday: jog 20 – 1o minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (shoulders), 10 minutes home
- Saturday: supposed to be a rest day, but had an impromptu weight session instead
- Sunday: 11 mile run
So I made some changes to the plan this week, not all of them intentional! Wednesday was meant to be a 45 minute jog. I set off in an absolutely foul mood after being utterly let down at work by an incompetent supplier, so it was more of a run than a jog. I then paused my Garmin while I waited at traffic lights, and forgot to turn it back on. Garmin time – 29 minutes. Husband recorded time when I got home – 55 minutes. Maybe rage is the best accelerant.
Saturday was my rest day, but the husband’s gym had a special promotion. If Andy Murray won the Wimbledon semi-final, he could take a guest for free. So Saturday morning we got up early and did some weights and core stability. David Lloyd’s is a very nice gym, but I prefer Energise (and it’s half the price too).
Sunday was a fab steady 11 miles, the husband paced me again and we averaged 10.01 minutes miles so I’m well pleased with that. It was super hot and I managed to get chafing where my arm rubbed against my vest – another area to smother with Vaseline next time. My only ‘aargh’ moment was when I realised that 11 miles isn’t even half way! More distance required 🙂