Heatwave!!! Summer arrived with a vengeance in the UK this week – time to pack up the thermals and bring out the suncream.
Here’s how week 10 looked:
- Monday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (legs), 10 minutes home
- Tuesday: should have been fartlek 75, ended up run 60
- Wednesday: jog 10, run 10, jog 15
- Thursday: sprint 75, recover 3 minutes, sprint 60, recover 3 minutes, sprint 30, recover 3 minutes
- Friday: jog 20 – 1o minutes to the gym, 1 hours weights (shoulders), 10 minutes home
- Saturday: rest up and a visit to York Races
- Sunday: Leeds 10k
Tuesday was the first day in 10 weeks that I’ve not completed what I should have done – I went to a friend’s house to run with her as she has more hills than I do, but the heat was punishing and I called time after 60 minutes. I’m proud of the 60 minutes I did though!
Saturday at York Races was great, I spend so much time running round the access road there it’s nice to see what it looks like when it’s being put to proper use.
Leeds 10k on Sunday was another hot one, but I PB’d and will write the review this week. Happy training!