Week 12 has been another challenging week where I’ve not been able to fully stick to the schedule. I’m getting runs in, but it’s hard when I drift away from what I should be doing and it does give me a vague sense of anxiety! A busy week at work and a weekend away in Wales with my family conspired against me.
Here’s what week 12 should have looked like, and what it actually looked like 🙂
- Monday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (legs), 10 minutes home
- Tuesday: run 90 minutes (9 miles)
- Wednesday: run 90 minutes (9 miles)
- Thursday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (shoulders), 10 minutes home
- Friday: should have been sprints and recovers, but turned into a rest day as I had work to finish up before my weekend away
- Saturday: the official rest day, did a 4 mile walk with lots of climbs
- Sunday: 2.2 miles, half up-hill with a 211 meter rise
All in all I didn’t do too badly, but the long run I should have done on Sunday now has to be done on the Monday of week 13. I like the Sunday long run as it’s a definite end to the week, so it feels odd to have it hanging over into the next week.
Sunday’s hill run took me 20 minutes to do a mile uphill – hill training is definitely required! It was very steep, so I had to do little sequence of 100 steps, 10 breaths stopped to recover, 100 steps etc. The top of the hill was the stunning Castell Dinas, so it was worth the climb!
Hopefully the runs will get back to normal this week…fingers crossed.