I got my head down this week and tried to get things back on track, with some success. @YorkMarathon tweeted “10 weeks to go!” this weekend – it seems like a long time away and frighteningly close at the same time.
Here’s my training for week 14:
- Monday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hours weights (legs), 10 minutes home
- Tuesday: sprint 60 seconds, recover for 3 minutes x 6 at York racecourse
- Wednesday: swapped a 30 minute jog for a 40 minute spin class
- Thursday: ran 7.5 miles with some small fartlekking
- Friday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (chest), 10 minutes home
- Saturday: rest
- Sunday: 15 miles in 2 hours and 37 minutes
Sunday’s long run felt a bit ‘make or break’ after last week’s disastrous long run. I did 2 laps of a 7.5 mile circuit and felt pretty good. I ran with my iPod for the first time in years, and I think it took my mind off the distance so I’ll be trying that again in future.
Proper planning also helps for a successful long run. I’ll blog about how that works for me on Thursday.
Happy running this week!