Despite all of my good intentions, this was a real ‘rip up the training plan and throw it away’ week. I trained, just not how I was supposed to!
My main intention this week was to stay off my feet and do all my training on a spin bike, but it didn’t really work out. I’m getting nagging ankle pain and clicking that isn’t getting any better, so I hoped a week off my feet would make a difference. Maybe I’ll try that this week instead.
Here’s how week 15 looked:
- Monday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (legs), 10 minutes home
- Tuesday: training plan said jog 10, run 30, jog 30. Intended to do it on a spin bike but my car wouldn’t start, set off for a run in a very bad mood, wore my rubbish old gym trainers by mistake and made my ankle hurt more. Not a success!
- Wednesday: training plan said sprints and recovers, real world said walk 2 miles to pick my car back up from the garage. At least it’s fixed now
- Thursday: sprint 60 seconds recover 3 minutes x 6 – did this on a spin bike
- Friday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (shoulders), 10 minutes home
- Saturday: rest day, did some intensive gardening and soil shifting
- Sunday: 14 mile walk in the Yorkshire Dales
Positives – I did lots of exercise. Negatives – most of it wasn’t on the plan! This week’s plan is to stick to spin bikes as much as possible, but stick to the plan too….let’s see how it goes.
Happy training this week! Less than 10 weeks until the Yorkshire Marathon.