Aaargh it’s getting closer! Less than 50 days to go now, I’m equally excited and terrified. The York Marathon will be my first marathon, and I’ve got no idea what to expect from my body.
Sunday’s long run was into a headwind this week which really set me back. It occurs to me I’ve got to toughen up or I’ll have a rubbish marathon if the weather’s not absolutely perfect. At the moment I will whinge quite happily about sun, rain and wind but I can’t really on a perfect, still, not too hot not too cool day in October 🙂
Here’s how week 17 looked:
- Monday: rested after my 19 miler on Sunday
- Tuesday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (legs), 10 minutes home
- Wednesday: sprint up a hilly bank, walk back down x 10
- Thursday: jog 55
- Friday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (chest) , 10 minutes home
- Saturday: rest (and waaaay too much gin on a night out in York)
- Sunday: a rather dehydrated 15 miles
The only major change to the training plan was the extra rest day on Monday. I’ve added the long runs to the plan myself so I’m happy to fit in some extra rest when I need it, I was exhausted after the 19 miles! Next weekend is my longest run (21 ish miles) so I’ll definitely need an extra rest day after that, and then the distances start to come down again.
I used my lap technique for the 15 mile run and called home at 7.5 miles to refill my water bottle – this worked much better than worrying about water on the route.
Happy training this week!