Week 19 included some travel with work so it’s been a bit up and down for training. I completed most of my planned sessions, finishing with the Great North Run on Sunday which was a disaster…but more of that in my race review in Thursday’s post.
I’ve lost my way a bit with both my training and my diet – I was sticking to a healthy diet and feeling great, but recently I’ve had more cheat meals than not-cheat meals. These last 5 weeks have got to be focus, focus, focus.
Here’s what week 19 looked like:
- Monday: rest day after Sunday’s 22 mile monster run
- Tuesday: 30 minutes on a bike, interval training
- Wednesday: nothing – I had a killer 5 hour drive and didn’t have time to train
- Thursday: fartlek 52 minutes
- Friday: jog 20, 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (shoulders), 10 minutes home
- Saturday: rest
- Sunday: half marathon, 2:27 – not good!
I took the rest of Sunday to sulk after my dismal half marathon time, now I need to process the lessons and move on. I’m still targeting a sub-5 hour marathon, so the next 5 weeks have to be about mental strength and physical readiness.
Enjoy your training this week!