This week was a pretty good week for training, everything now is about building my confidence up and feeling strong for the big day – just 20 days to go until the first York Marathon!
When I was doing my long run on Sunday a lady came up behind me and we chatted for a while. She’s doing the same marathon and has already done 2. It was nice to spend a little time with her before our ways parted. Sunday’s long run was early and it seemed like we runners had the whole of York to ourselves. I exchanged a hello with every other runner, and a few early bird cyclists too.
Here’s how week 21 looked:
- Monday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (legs), 10 minutes home
- Tuesday: sprint 75 seconds, jog 3 minutes x 6 – this was tough
- Wednesday: walked 7 miles on rough terrain at Bolton Abbey
- Thursday: fartlek 70 minutes
- Friday: sprint 60 seconds, jog 3 minutes x 6
- Saturday: rest
- Sunday: should have been 16 miles, instead did 12.5
Sunday was a lovely run but I lost it a bit on the distance. This was supposed to be my last, confidence building long run before the marathon so now I’m trying to decide whether to do a long run next weekend instead. I think getting a steady 15 miles in will really help me, although if it goes wrong I’ll get the proper collywobbles!
I’m still getting the ankle pain I’ve been getting through most of my training, but it only has to last 3 more weeks…come on ankle, then you can rest!
Enjoy your training this week!