My last proper week of training before the taper begins! I feel like I’ve been preparing for this marathon for five minutes and for ever at the same time.
This week I was a bit uninspired as I mentioned in my last post, but a break and some cross training have actually done me a lot of good. The pain in my ankles is much better for having taken a rest period – funny that eh?
Here’s how week 22 looked:
- Monday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (legs), 10 minutes home
- Tuesday: run for 1 hour
- Wednesday: have nightmare day with the builders, sulk, do nothing – rest day?
- Thursday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to yoga, 1 hour 45 yoga, 10 minutes home
- Friday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (chest), 10 minutes home
- Saturday: rest day – shovelled a skip full of soil until my back hated me
- Sunday: 16 miles
Overall not a bad week! The 16 miler on Sunday went well, I had a few little walk breaks but apart from that it was pretty consistent. Yoga was phenomenally hard but did a good job of stretching out my battered hamstrings.
My focus now is on eating perfectly for 2 weeks and doing little bits of training to keep me going until the big day. No booze either, and I’ll be keeping my mitts off the builders biscuits.
Happy training this week!