Last week was my final taper week leading up to the marathon on Sunday. I’ll put a review of the race up on Thursday, but I finished in 4.57.54 – just inside my 5 hour target!
Here’s how my final week of training looked:
- Monday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (legs), 10 minutes home
- Tuesday: rest
- Wednesday: run 55 minutes
- Thursday: 20 minutes walking and 1 hour 15 yoga
- Friday: jog 20 – 10 minutes to the gym, 1 hour weights (upper body), 10 minutes home
- Saturday: rest
- Sunday: the Yorkshire Marathon!
The only note I’d add about my training was with hindsight I would have taken it a bit easier on Thursday and Friday. I had some upper body muscle soreness on Sunday, I don’t think it affected my running much but it wasn’t a great way to start!
This week I shall mostly be taking it easy and eating some bad food, before I reassess my goals and decide what to train for next 🙂