If you read my blog last year you’ll know I followed a six month marathon training plan because I was nervous. It was great because it made me feel like I had forever to prepare.
This year now I’m a super duper experienced marathoner with one under my belt I’ve chosen a four month training plan. Less time to fall off the rails, but the marathon does feel like it’s coming towards me very quickly!
Here’s how the training has gone so far:
- Monday – should have run 4 miles, but there was a road closure on my planned route so did 2.5 miles
- Tuesday – rest – I can these 🙂
- Wednesday – should have run 4 miles, did a 45 minute spin class and some weights
- Thursday – rest – getting good at this now
- Friday – cross train – did some weights
- Saturday – rest – oh yes
- Sunday – run 6 miles. I did it!
- Monday – rest – my technique is amazing
- Tuesday – should have been hill training, but I read the wrong week on my plan and did sprints. Oh well
- Wednesday – rest
- Thursday Friday Saturday – go on a training course to London and don’t do anything
- Sunday – should have been 7 miles but I managed 4.5
Reading back, it’s not an awesome start 😦 If anything is holding me back I think it’s my attitude (and also my sore knees, ankles etc.) I need to get back into a routine with this and get serious. I’m a stone heavier than I was this time last year so upping my training and improving my diet should help me lose weight and therefore run faster. In theory.